Monday, December 1, 2008

Podcasting

Podcasting is interesting, I suppose. I went to the Library of Congress' site and listened to most of an interview with author Jan Brett. She was interesting, but the interview was rather slow. And with no visuals, my mind wandered.

I then went onto Denver Public Library's site and found they have quite a few picture books read aloud (by a librarian, I imagine). No visuals, but if you like listening to picture books without the pictures, it might entertain. I listened to two ("Red Fox and the Baby Bunnies" and "It's Quacking Time"). I cannot imagine that these will entertain the intended audience (young children), though. I also wonder at the copyright issue of using an author's words; they must have gotten permission.

Unless there is something useful for work out there in Pod-land, I cannot imagine spending any time with this. I don't own an IPod, MP3 player, or a computer at home. And I don't believe they deliver podcasts through two cans and some string....

No comments: