Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Web 2.0 Awards Sites

Wow! Some of those sites are amazing.

Under the food section, I looked at "imcooked" and watched an adorable video called "Feed Me Bubbe". A grandmother explained and demonstrated how to make latkes. She was adorable and the latkes made me HUNGRY! (Of course, they're not as good as my brother's. They just don't taste quite right without a bit of his knuckles in the mix.) ;-)

Under fun stuff, I looked at "cocktail builder". Perfect for mixologists.

Under maps, I looked at Google Maps. I've used mapquest before, but google maps is amazing. I found my street, but there was no picture of my street loaded there. Saw the condos across the road though. Big Brother hasn't found me yet.

Under games & entertainment, I found something a large number of my SF loving friends will like. Galaxiki is a site that lets you build your own galaxy, buy a star, and the like.

Under video, I played around on BBC Player. Unfortunately, since I'm not in the UK, I can't watch videos, but they apparently allow non-Brits to listen to BBC radio programs. This I am sure I'll enjoy!

And on a final note, I have thorough enjoyed learning about all the technical stuff explained on the Library's Learning 2.0. Thanks, Michele!!

1 comment:

LibrarianMik said...

you are very welcome...Michele D.